What did we do?
Significant advancements have been made through our foundational projects and aligned payroll improvement activities. Examples of actions include:
- Multiple meetings were held with other leading Canadian universities who had employed PeopleSoft functionality or were in transition to determine best practices.
- Internal HR workflows were updated and/or documented to support related payroll and data management processes; new Knowledge Base repository was initiated within HR Operations, with work underway to share access more broadly.
- Broad consultation was held with the intention to build strong partnerships between HR, FHS HR and faculty/department leaders to understand and build integrated, end-to-end processes and help address unique requirements or arising trends.
- Created new eForms to enable clear automated workflows and improved data accuracy.
A new HR Service Desk leveraging JIRA functionality (as an interim solution) was successfully launched in HRS to facilitate communication between employees, department administrators and HR. JIRA will be replaced with Microsoft Dynamics CRM for HR, which will further improve supports and the employee experience.
Outcome – Payroll Workflows and SOPs
Tangible outcomes include:
- New process documents and supporting resources are available for the user community; regular sessions established to share related training and updates.
- New HR project and technology roadmaps established with ongoing review.
- New functionality to review active combo codes linked to position management and hire process has significantly reduced errors and the clean-up required.
- Improved workflows, support resources and training are now part of the project framework.