Many of PeopleSoft’s capabilities can be optimized when there is a one-to-one relationship between employee and Position. Having multiple employees on a position can cause confusion when position attributes need to be updated. In addition, having multiple employees on a position is the greatest cause of corrections needed to the Department Budget Table (DBT).
- Improve data quality and reduce the need for data corrections
- Enhance user experience
- Streamline processes for recruiting and hiring Faculty and Staff.
- Reduce risk of errors to the Department Budget Table (DBT)
- Improve employee life cycle reporting, turnover analysis & recruitment metrics
- Identify where a one-to-one setup for employees and positions is applicable
- Clean up vacant positions to determine if they can be changed to inactive
- Review and clean-up of position attributes (including chartfield/combination code)
- Review of HR and Finance Security
- Position-based configuration vs employee-based configuration
- Enabling for full optimization of PeopleSoft capabilities
- Cleaned up to 20,000 employee records
- Deactivated over 6,000 positions
- Chartfield and department budget tables (DBT) corrected
- Updated documentation of process driving payroll calculations
- Set the stage for eForm capabilities to prevent chart
Position Management Toolkit
For an in-depth guide detailing the changes of the Position Management project, check out the Position Management Toolkit.