In 2019, Managers and Department Administrators used the paper HR Event Form to submit over 20,000 requests for:
- Data/rate changes
- Changes to employee assignments/contracts
- Schedule changes
- Hierarchy changes
- Account information updates
The former process was paper-based, required multiple points of manual data entry and department approvals that resulted in errors, delays and re-work.
A significant opportunity was identified to optimize the process and maximize efficiencies through leveraging Mosaic eForms technology.
The first of the new Mosaic eForms launched to the McMaster community on May 17:
- Request New Position eForm – to request new positions, and
- Request Position Data Update eForm – to update the attributes of existing positions
The successful transition to the new HR eForms is thanks to cross-functional collaboration between the HR, UTS and Finance departments, as well as from the engagement and feedback from many colleagues spanning the McMaster community.
- Completed comprehensive stakeholder analysis and engagement to ensure the needs of the community are being addressed
- Obtained endorsement on the eForm fields and Approval workflow
- e-Forms pertaining to employee updates are expected to be rolled out by end of Q3
- Now that the Position Management Project is complete, positions will be maintained using eForm technology to ensure continued data integrity
A variety of formats were leveraged to meet the needs of all impacted users, including: self-service/on-demand resources, embedded training materials, job aids, videos and virtual training sessions.
Feedback from users and departments has been positive. Users have conveyed the ease and simplicity of the eForm, the comprehensive instruction guide and training videos, and the rapid responsiveness of the team to mitigate any issues facing the user.