August Mosaic HR eForms Update
As part of our commitment to operational excellence, HR is rolling out new eForms to replace the paper-based HR Event Form and streamlining administrative processes across the University.
Since May 17, more than 1,200 Position Management eForms have been completed across 180 departments – with a two day median completion turnaround time. Users have provided feedback conveying the ease and simplicity of the eForm, the comprehensive training resources, and the quick response to alleviate any issues.
Some enhancements and modifications have been made, or will take effect in the coming weeks, to further simplify and streamline the workflow, eliminate approval duplications, and save time for the eForm users and approvers:
- Approvers are now able to view the approval workflow directly from the Approve Position eForm tab before providing approval.
- Research Finance, Finance and PI approvals will be removed from the Request New Position eForm.
- PI approval will be moved to follow Research Finance and Finance approval for the Position Data Update eForm.
Following the Position Management eForms’ successful launch, new employee management-related eForms will be released later this Fall to process the following transactions:
- Contract Extension Request eForm – To request an extension to a contract for an interim or limited-term employee.
- Termination Request eForm – To request that an employee be terminated from a position.
- Retirement Request eForm – To submit a request to retire an employee.
- Compensation Adjustment eForm – To request an update to an employee’s salary that falls outside the normal salary review process.
- Schedule Change Request eForm – To request a change to an employee’s scheduled hours.
The continued roll-out of eForms and automated workflow through Mosaic is expected to improve data accuracy and simplify processes at the departmental level. Information about these new eForms, the transition from the paper-based HR Event Form to the digitized eForms, and their impact on users, approvers, and Human Resources, will be presented during the HR Network sessions on October 14 from 10:00 to 11:30 a.m. or October 26 from 3:00 to 4:30 p.m. Anyone in the McMaster community who engages in HR work as part of their role are invited to attend a session that is convenient to them by following the link on each date.
Support, resources and training for these employee management eForms will be available on the Mosaic eForms Resources Website in the coming months. Please contact HR at email@example.com or 905-525-9140 x222HR(47) if you have any questions.Mosaic HR eForms