Date(s) - 02/12/2021
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Join your HR partners and colleagues from across the university for a day of informative and interactive sessions as we focus on advancing together through community, learning and collaboration.
- Who should attend? HR professionals and employees engaged in HR related work activities
- When? Thursday, December 2 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Where? Zoom Events (This new platform provides an event lobby where participants can access the Zoom Meetings on the agenda. Make sure to click on “SSO” when you register to use your existing McMaster Zoom account – see screenshot below.)
- 10:00 a.m. to 10:55 a.m. – Strengthening Collaboration: Welcome and Keynote Speaker – Leading with Emotional Intelligence
- The ability to know yourself, your emotions, other people’s emotions, what triggers you, how your emotions impact others and ultimately knowing how to manage your emotions, are important skills to learn in order to become a great communicator. Understanding how to influence others by applying emotional intelligence principles is key to great success in life.
- Speakers: HR Forum Planning Committee members and Haniyeh Yousofpour (Assistant Professor, Human Resources and Management, McMaster University)
- 10:55 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. – Stretch Break/Transition Time
- 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – Learning Together: Exploring HR Trends and Resources for Team Development
- Choose your own adventure to explore trends and leading practices in the areas of Recruitment, Employee Well-Being and Learning & Development (all breakout rooms will be recorded). We will end this session with a focus on the various services and resources available to support team development.
- Speakers: Organizational Development team members
- 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. – Lunch Break
- Visit the Event Lobby during this time for information about how to participate in an optional Kahoot challenge
- 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. – Engaging our Community: HR Strategic Updates
- Learn about current progress on our HR strategic priorities. We will also provide an update on HR Review initiatives including the upcoming launch of new eForms in January. Before we sign off for the day, we will have some closing remarks and announce prize winners.
- Speakers: Saher Fazilat (Vice-President, Operations and Finance), Wanda McKenna (Asst. Vice-President and Chief Human Resources Officer), HR project team members, and HR Forum Planning Committee Members
Registrants will be able to access the Event Lobby one week prior to the event.
Make sure to click on “SSO” when you register to use your existing McMaster Zoom account (highlighted in the screenshot below):
For any questions or to discuss any accommodation requirements, contact Christine Costa, Organizational Development and Design Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org.